The already crowded TV news scene in
- Create Frequent Watcher Programs: Like the Frequent Flyer Programs, let viewers opt for a loyalty card with a card number, telecast random numbers at random times, and ask viewers to dial the call center and register their loyalty card number and the telecast number within 5 minutes of the telecast; each such try giving the viewer loyalty points which can be encashed against other goods/ services.
- Let Big B present the news: Learn from what all the consumer brands have done in
. And Big B as always will be willing. Get him to read the prime time news. India
- Stop being balanced: Look how NPR radio still rules in
and how FOX TV is growing. Stop being politically correct- bias yourself and be vocal. Political incorrectness rules. USA
- Follow latest trends: For e.g. high pitched nasal male voices are the fad today (See how Himesh Reshammiya is everywhere); get more male news presenters with a high pitched nasal voice and say news like Ashiq Banaya…
- Create your own scandals: If you can’t tap genuine scandals, let your CEO/ CFO/ star news caster make his own scandal. E.g. CEO seen abusing his maid (later to be proven false).
- Be the Ramanand Sagar of news: Tell us what’s happening in the heavens – be imaginative. No one knows what’s happening there, so you will be safe to telecast any sensational news from the Gods above.
- Close your channel: If you are sensible, ignore my suggestions above. Just close your channel and we shall all live happily ever after.
I would add:
8. Ignore the news that matters, and focus on the news that doesn't.
Have you seen CNN lately? It has sports news, entertainment news, movie reviews, celebrity interviews, product reviews- but almost no political news. The stories that actually affect our lives don't make the cut.
Post a Comment